Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hua Mulan's story part2


  Hua Mulan
Chapter 2:
Mulan runs home to her family. “Mother, father,” she cries. “I have some bad news. The Emperor wants a man from every house to fight in the army.”  
“Then I must go.” Says her father. “You can’t go. You’re ill.” Says her mother.
“But when a man doesn’t join the army the Emperor always punishes his family.” Says her father. “It’s alright” says Mulan. “I’m young and strong. I can go in father’s place.”
“But how?” asks her mother. “You’re a girl and everybody know it!”
“I can be a man. I can learn to walk with my head up, and to shout when I talk.” She says. “And I can wear soldier’s clothes.
‘Mulan.’ Says her father. ‘You’re a brave daughter. You can join the army and save our family name.’
‘Can I join the army with you?’ asks Xiong. Mulan laughs. ‘You’re a boy, Xiong. Perhaps you can be a soldier when you’re a man.’ 
‘Please be careful.’ Says her mother. Her father gives some money to her. ‘You must be ready to join the army.’ He says.
Mulan needs to buy a horse. She runs to the market.
An old man calls to Mulan. ‘Look at this horse.’ He shouts. ‘It’s the best one in the village.’ ‘Can I ride it? ’ asks Mulan. ‘Of course.’ He says. 
So Mulan gets on the horse and rides it. ‘It’s wonderful!’ she says. ‘How much is it?’
Later Mulan walks through the market with her new horse. She buys a beautiful saddle for it.
When Mulan rides home from the market, she meet Sun Ying. ‘Mulan!’ Shouts Sun Ying. ‘You have a new horse! Where are you going?’
‘It’s a secret,’ whispers Mulan. ‘My plan is to join the army in my father’s place.’ ‘You’re very brave and clever, Mulan. But please be careful.’ Says Sun Ying. ‘And good luck!’
The next day Mulan is ready to leave, ‘Don’t forget us.’ Whispers Xiong. He is crying. ‘Please come home soon.’ Says her mother. 
Mulan says goodbye to her family. She rides away quickly.

No comments: