Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hua Mulan's story part6 (End)


  Hua Mulan (The End)
Chapter6:
       ‘I’m a general now.’ Says Mulan and she smiles. ‘But in an hour you can see your true daughter again.’ Mulan goes to her room. First she takes off her soldier’s clothes. Next she puts on a fine  dress, and brushes her long dark hair. When Mulan comes out of her room she is beautiful. ‘You’re our daughter again!’ cry her parents happily. ‘Let’s start the feast!’ says her father. ‘You must sit next to your father.’ Says her mother. For hours and hours they talk and eat. Mulan tells them all about her adventures in the army. ‘You’re very brave!’ says her friend, Sun Ying. Mulan is happy to be at home again. Every day she helps her father.
            One day she is making cloth in her room. Suddenly she hears a horse in the street. ‘Hello there!’ shouts a young man. Is there somebody at home? Mulan comes to the gate. The young man is Ye Ming. ‘I’m looking for a young soldier. Hua Hu is his name’ He says, and then he stops. ‘But it’s you!’ cries Ye Ming. You’re Hua Hu, and you’re a woman! ‘Yes, that right!’ says Mulan, and she laughs. ‘Come in. I can explain everything.’ Mulan and Ye Ming talk for a long time. They remember all their adventures. All their battles. ‘It’s good to talk to my best friend again.’ Says Ye Ming, and he smiles at Mulan. Ye Ming meets Mulan’s family. ‘I’m very happy to meet you all.’ He says. ‘You have a very brave daughter.’ ‘Thank you.’ Says Mulan’s father. Ye Ming stays at the house for a week. Everybody in the family likes him.

             One day, Ye Ming asks Mulan to marry him. ‘I don’t know.’ Answers Mulan.  Can I marry my best friend from the army? We need to speak to my father. Ye Ming goes to Mulan’s father. Of course, you can marry my daughter. He says and he smiles. ‘Ask Mulan to come here.’ Mulan talks with her father for many hours that night. The next day Ye Ming asks Mulan to marry him again. This time she says ‘yes’. ‘I’m truly happy’. She says to Ye Ming. ‘Now you can be my best friend and my husband.’ Mulan marries Ye Ming. Everybody in the village comes to the weeding. Mulan and Ye Ming live happily in the village for many years. And to this day, people talk about Hua Mulan, the bravest girl in China.

No comments: